Posted by: corozmum | February 15, 2012

Japanese Bound Book

Our first Embroidery Group project for the year was a Japanese Bound Book. We pretty much followed the method outlined at tjbookarts. By the end of the night I still had to do the binding. There weren’t enough instruction sheets to go around (they weren’t that clear either!) so my book came home held together with pegs, and a hope that I could find instructions for binding on-line. I didn’t want to wait a fortnight for the next class to finish it.

It took some searching to find the binding method used in class. I didn’t want to use the simple method demonstrated at tjbookarts. Eventually I found the term ‘kangxi binding’ and a google lead me to the binding I was wanting with excellent diagrams and instructions at Amphibian Photography. Hope this bodes well for the year as I actually finished a project!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s


%d bloggers like this: